Friday, July 21, 2006

See? I told you!

It's nice to see my theory in print! This was spotted in the Boston edition of Metro, the free, global, largely commuter-read newspaper.

The headline: Harvard students evacuated from Beirut
Written by one Laura Dannen of Metro Boston

It begins, "Six Harvard undergraduates are among the thousands of Americans evacuated from Lebanon as fighting between Israel and Hezbollah enters its second week. As of Monday, the students - who had either been studying or doing research in Beirut - had safely dispersed to other countries, including Turkey, Switzerland and California, with the help of the university."

OK, people, seriously. It's cool, powerful, populous, and significant, but California really still is just a state, not another country. But I swear that's how people in New England think of it! People, I might add, who have NOT been there but feel absolutely well qualified to tell me all their judgments about it nonetheless. I used to joke when I first moved from L.A. to Boston that I was a foreign exchange student. Now look how the Metro supports my theory! I love it when that happens.

No comments: