Thursday, September 25, 2008

I would never postpone a chance to argue!

I have so much to say, but you wouldn't know it from my lack of bloggage. However, the silence of Linda Without Borders is only due to my incredibly busy, somewhat stressful, definitely over-scheduled, but entirely interesting semester.

So here's the thing. You may or may not know that Hofstra is hosting the third presidential debate, on October 15. At least, it's supposed to be the third debate, assuming this Friday's first debate actually happens.

I still like my boy McCain, but he needs to know that not going to the debate = bad idea. And the main reason is not (as Obama said) so the "American people" can hear from their future leader at this time (blah blah talking heads blah) but because the University of Mississippi has put a lot of effort, time, energy, and resources into organizing it. I know, because I am a volunteer on the presidential debate to be held here at Hofstra. (Part of that crazy busy semester I mentioned.)

This university has put a lot into this. So have the volunteers, the community, the county officials, the local police, and so on. I personally have gone to JohnMcCain.com to e-mail him/the campaign telling them GO TO THE DEBATE, YOU FOOL! and I hope that you will do the same.

No comments: