Friday, September 09, 2011

To China

Well, the Korean Chuseok holiday is upon us, which means one thing to us foreign English teachers: 5-day weekend! And 5-day weekend means one thing to me: hop a cheap flight to China! At long last I will see Beijing and Shanghai. And not much else, because we have only five days. China is huge, and I wish I could go there for five months right now. Alas, I will have to save that for another time.

There are so many interesting things to think about, when preparing for a trip to China: what will I eat? will I master the tones in the basic Chinese phrases I plan to use? what will it be like to go without Facebook for five days? and so on. All these questions and more will be answered when we return next week. Happy Chuseok to all! Except most of you aren't celebrating it and don't even know what it is, but that's OK, too!

No comments: