Thursday, February 22, 2007

Long Island sound of silence

So, this weekend I will be performing in The Vagina Monologues here at Hofstra. Total number of friends from The City who are coming to the show? Apparently two. TWO. Sheesh! You'd think I'd asked them to swim the Long Island Sound or something. Manhattanites are clearly even more intimidated about going to Long Island than Bostonians are about going to Cambridge. One of my friends even said flat out when we first got together after I moved here that I'd be coming into the city to hang out with her because she "certainly" wasn't going to go to Long Island. Hello! I am a mere 20 miles away from you people! And the Long Island Rail Road is so wonderful; at this point I think of it as a dear friend. But I guess some people are just afraid, and consequently will miss my off-off-offoffoffoff Broadway debut.

Whatever. I'm totally excited about the show! I love it! I love the fabulous ladies in the cast and the grand time we've had preparing and I love that starting tomorrow we are finally going to perform and it will benefit a good cause and spread a glorious and wonderful message of reclaiming peace!

But I'm really, really busy because of it, too. Off I go...

No comments: