Thursday, August 09, 2007

Double crossing

There is so much weirdness going on in this wonderful wacky world. Here's some of it: did you hear that Johnson & Johnson (of whom I have never been too fond, for animal-testing reasons) has filed a lawsuit against the Red Cross because they are disputing the Red Cross' use of - wait for it - the red cross logo, which apparently has been trademarked by J & J. I guess they signed a deal with Clara Barton long ago agreeing that the company could exclusively use the cross on pharmaceutical products. Big thanks to Mike for alerting me to this story. My response, of course, is this: Are you serious? No, wait. Are you !#$%* serious? It's the RED CROSS. So there are, what, like, two first aid kits they sell? And the money for those goes back into humanitarian efforts. But this is infringing upon Johnson & Johnson (whom I am about to rechristen Jackass & Jackass) and their exclusive use of the cross to sell medical-ish things? Are you kidding me? Because, yeah, when I think of J & J, yeah, I just won't know what to buy if I don't see their little red cross on the Band-Aids?

EVERY BIT OF MONEY AND TIME BEING SPENT ON THAT LAWSUIT COULD BE SPENT VOLUNTEERING TO HELP SOMEONE WHO'S BEING BOMBED OR DRIVEN FROM THEIR HOMES OR GOD KNOWS WHAT!!!

("And yes, I'm shouting. I'm shouting, I'm shouting, I'm shouting!!! [bonk on head with candlestick]" - Clue)

Now I must get on to what I really wanted to post about tonight. I have made an amazing discovery involving Indigo Girls, alcohol, and the king in the counting house counting out his money. Stay tuned...

No comments: