Thursday, May 13, 2010

And she's off!

Time to go a-Habitatting! On my way out of the country, I just want to say a few things. This is not the first time I have traveled on my birthday, nor the first time I have been in another country on my birthday, but I do believe it is my first time actually flying across an ocean on my birthday.

I would also like to say that Habitat works with a travel agency in Minnesota to arrange our stop in Istanbul and the Istanbul-Dushanbe flight, and I have been communicating with the woman at that agency, Travel Beyond, for the last few months. She is in Wayzata, Minnesota. Well, I had never heard of Wayzata other than this encounter, or so I thought, but I JUST realized upon reading the latest EW, which was full to the brim of Lost goodness (unlike this week's episode of Lost itself), that Henry Gale's driver license (remember that? Ben in the hatch...Sayid found the actual Henry's license...) is a Wayzata, Minnesota address! What! Suddenly I became a little suspicious about this "Travel Beyond" from Wayzata. Where exactly is she sending me?

More importantly, I truly want to thank once again everyone who so generously donated to the cause! Karen (more than once!), Mara (happy bday!), Kamron, Joe, Angela, Joyce (thanks for the shout-out), Chet, Michele, Erin, Ami, Christi (and all the encouragement), Stephanie, Dorine, Michael, Steve, Bob (so generous!), Troy, Kristal (caffeine...), Lillian (see you soon), Megan, Renee (and spreading the word), Sarah, Tracy, Melissa, Heather (congrats on the bar!), Katie, Robin, William, Jade, Joshua, Jen (you do good work), Lauren & Paul, Wendy, Nilay, Amy's beautiful gift this week, and not to forget the generosity of law professors Joanna, Ivy, Norman, and Lauris. I hope I haven't left anyone out. I hope you all know what a wonderful cause you have helped.

Two more things. If you are bored today I suggest you enjoy the #LOSTjokes on Twitter, and finally, this is a serious candidate for my new favorite web site.

Off I go!

No comments: