Tuesday, April 19, 2011

My Thoughts as Aries Turns to Taurus

Lately I have become more and more interested in going to Nepal. Obviously, as any traveler would, I have had a desire to visit Nepal for a while, but lately I have been making rough plans, seeking out more information, etc.

Today I watched this, and thought again about how ridiculously easy my life is and how ridiculously easy are the lives of pretty much everyone I know reading this blog.








Government, rather than blowing up people and "protecting" our oil interests, should be focused on protecting humans around the world - yes, the entire world - by creating visions of peaceful, sustainable development in all corporate endeavors.

Government, and the citizens who accept their government's rhetoric, let alone the crap rhetoric that comes from talking cable heads, should be ashamed of themselves for creating false us/them dichotomies and inventing excuses to unleash violence in the world. Governments and corporations should both have an eye toward peaceful prosperity. Corporations should be taxed, and they should not be allowed to exploit people. And any citizen, "business" owner, or other enslaver who so much as negligently benefits from another human's enslavement (in domestic work or other trafficking) should be prosecuted. That means you, southeast Asia "pleasure tours." And you and you and you, corporations in Dubai/Abu Dhabi. And you, seedy nightlife all over the U.S. and other countries.

Sometimes I marvel that our world considers itself civilized at all.

No comments: