Saturday, April 02, 2011

Zeitgeist Obsoyo

OK, so, having been in Korea for the past three months I have managed to remain blissfully unaware of a few things longer than some of you people stateside would remain unaware of them. Not things that actually matter in the world (see, e.g., Egypt, Libya, Japan, tsunamis, radiation) or other things that matter in my world (see, e.g., the Oscars) but, you know, a few things that just fly under my overseas radar. Like a bestselling book called Heaven Is For Real: A Little Boy's Astounding Story of His Trip to Heaven and Back. I heard a little about it a few weeks ago and it didn't really register, but now I have learned a bit more. It has come to my attention that many, many, many of you are taking seriously a)the story about seeing heaven - "for real" b)of a 4-year-old boy c)written with his father d)who is a pastor e)and, just for good measure, has the last name "Burpo."

Please cite your reasons for lending any credibility whatsoever to any of the above.

I'm waiting.

No comments: