Friday, April 27, 2007

Letting the mystery be

Here is something I love, repeat, loved this week: Grindhouse. Oh my. It was a fantastic and glorious moviegoing experience. I laughed so much I cried. It was pure genius, there for my viewing pleasure, and it felt almost sinful to be enjoying something so much. This also reinforced the lesson that sometimes I should just stop listening to what other people say about things (Borat and Harry Potter are other examples) and just see for myself whether I love them or not. (Borat and Harry, no. But Grindhouse, decidedly yes!) The only thing that delighted me more than watching the movie was finding out after that Machete of the fake trailer is going to get his own full-length direct-to-DVD film. Yes! The wrong Mexican, baby!

If you haven't seen Grindhouse you perhaps have no idea what I'm talking about. But that's OK, too.

There's probably a lesson somewhere in there about law school. But I've already analyzed (or attempted to) my law school thoughts in today's Literary Supplement.

Man, I need to study for my finals. Maybe I should start a betting pool and all my friends could try to predict just how bad my grades are going to be. That would be fun. And nice and distracting. Who's in?

No comments: