Monday, June 30, 2008

I now yield the floor to my colleagues from the states of Florida, Arkansas, and Indiana

Sometimes, other people just say it better than I could. Dave Barry has some great thoughts on moving back in with the 'rents after college and a bit about bugs I find particularly funny during this summer of mosquito battles. And I'm kind of into Bill Clinton (allegedly) saying that Obama could "kiss my ass" if he (B.O.) wants his (B.C.'s) support. I don't have that from a reliable source but it's kind of amusing.

Also, Kurt Vonnegut:

"For some reason, the most vocal Christians among us never mention the Beatitudes. But, often with tears in their eyes, they demand that the Ten Commandments be posted in public buildings. And of course, that's Moses, not Jesus. I haven't heard one of them demand that the Sermon on the Mount, the Beatitudes, be posted anywhere.

'Blessed are the merficul' in a courtroom? 'Blessed are the peacemakers' in the Pentagon?"

---from A Man Without a Country

No comments: